What diet is best for me? I am not sure if I have ever met anyone that has been on a “diet” that has managed to lose a significant amount of weight and actually KEEP it off.
People are forever on diets and wanting to lose weight. There is a huge industry making a lot of money from people that are desperate to slim down. It is important to know that most of the companies selling diet pills, products and services are trying to make money out of this need. Their intention is not about the greater good of people. Their intention is not about helping people become fit and healthy or achieving lasting results. Some extreme weight loss programs do work, if the plan is customized to you.
Understanding what diet is best for me?
The majority of people know that diets do not work so why continue to repeat the same process over and over again??
- We want a quick fix to problems and are not prepared to put the work in to make a difference longer-term.
- We don’t take the time to learn and understand what our body needs to remain fit and healthy.
- We feel like we are depriving ourselves from treats and goodies rather than treating our body with respect.
- We think it’s easier to go on a diet rather than getting off our backside, exercising and keeping physically fit.
- We don’t understand that most of the time, over-eating and weight issues are actually a sign that we have emotional issues that have not been resolved.
- Weighing ourselves down with heavy foods means that we are heavy psychologically. It can suppress emotions and feelings. If we are scared to listen to ourselves and make changes then we often over eat. Food is used in the same way as alcoholics use alcohol and drug addicts use drugs.
- We are weak willed and when we fall of the wagon, we see this as a sign that it is not working and “give up”. Rather than accepting that everyone has bad days or slips, accepting this and starting a fresh.
- We do not understand the power of the mind and how attraction works! If we focus on weight loss, weight management etc we will get more of this. If we really want to lose weight we have to focus on health, healthy living, nutrition and fitness. This is a significant shift and the only one that will lead to lasting results.
The good news is that all of the reasons listed about are actually quite easy to change. It is a matter of mindset and awareness. Finding healthy diets will make help make a healthy lifestyle change.
People use all sorts of excuses about why they cannot do something but this can be easily resolved if they are willing to make changes and challenge their limiting beliefs. The key is that people have to be willing and ready. If you are working with some who is not willing and ready then you are wasting your time.
The other opportunity is to work on people’s awareness. If the timing is right you have the perfect opportunity to educate them. Lack of knowledge and understand about what we need to be physically fit and healthy is a major reason for our bad habits.